Search This Blog

Saturday, July 18, 2015

Not quite "Ecclesiastical" but just as problematic...

Another "problem" song, not quite Ecclesiastical

I admit it, Elvis Costello is on my short list of "go-to" music. Elvis has a keen grasp of so much that is wrong in the world. He actually reminds me of Mark Twain. (Interestingly both men are known by their pen names rather than their given names, Declan MacManus and Samuel Clemens) Another similarity is that while both of them have/had a keen sense of the problem, they do/did not see the answer. That saddens me deeply. But I digress....

Here's an astute look into the world of relationships, and probably marriage. All of the problem, none of the solution. How to get two inherently selfish people to live together?



I really love this song. Such a powerful metaphor, if only he had a more powerful solution. What is your solution to the "problem of Hitler"?

No comments:

Post a Comment