Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Here are the best shots from my next trip through Pilanesberg Game Park, truly one of my favorite places in the world. Like my other favorite place in the world, Yellowstone National Park, Pilanesberg is a caldera; a volcano crater from an ancient super-eruption. I am not sure if there is something about calderas that appeal to me but it seems there is something special aabout them.

Here are my best shots seen in the order they were taken. In a way it is a virtual safari. What you don't see is all the time spent driving around and seeing nothing! You get to see a couple minutes of highlights from 10 hours in a car in a safari park!

animals:
Yellow Horn Bill
my favorite watering hole
Impala
Guinea Fowl
Wildebeest
Lion
Rhino
in the park there are observation blinds but getting to them can be exciting
Red Hartebeest
Dung Beetle
Egret
Cormerant
Weaver nests
Warthog
Hamerkop
Wrestling Elephants
Waterbuck
Lions covered in the blood of the wildebeest they just killed
The impala is walking a few hundred yards from the lions/wildebeest kill where the cars are
Ditto the Elephant, notice in the next two elephant shots the rhino and wildebeest on the opposite shore of the lake. I didn't even see them until I looked at my pictures back here in the states!
Kingfisher
Baby crocodile
Hippo
baby Kudu


No comments:

Post a Comment